Monday, March 1, 2010

Was I Faithful?

Today was a Monday - and it started early. Even though I was in bed before 1, the alarm clock sounded way too early. I really should buy some of the coffee I'v been thinking about. My workouts for the Human Performance Lab are going ok, but not as well as I would like them to. I guess I'v always tried to push my body further than it wants to go. But its only when we go beyond the normal that we truly accomplish something of value.

Think about it. What gives an accomplishment prestige? What makes an act of compassion special? The fact of going beyond and over what is normal. To reach the same goal over and over again in life is nothing special. It means we have figured out a way to rival the system. It is when you go over the goals of your past, the true challenge has been won. To go and overcome what you once did before.

So we can say that surviving and getting through another day is no accomplishment at all. It is just another repeat. Its living your life on a repeat. It is being lazy. But to go into each day and conqueror, now that, is noteworthy.

Maybe I should reevaluate my thoughts on a bad day. What if bad days are so much more.

What if the bad day is a challenge.

A challenge. A challenge to rise above the average and normal, a challenge to see what your true colors are. A challenge of character, of drive, of decision, of purpose. A challenge to see who you really are behind the christian t-shirt and the grey toms.

The bad days let us know who is in control - or who we have or haven't put in control. They let us know how much we really love people. It is one thing to say "I love you," and a complete difference to actually do it.

These are the days I take my remote and rewind through my entire day. These are the days I need to study and think about, not try to forget and yearn for tomorrow. Did they see Jesus in me? Did I love those whom society has labeled and casted out? Did my attitude to others portray a false image of the Kingdom? Was I His hands and feet today? Did I live the purpose and will of God set before me?

In this day, was I faithful?

No comments:

Post a Comment